Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sharing Blessings

So I got the opportunity to share my testimony last week at GCC. What a blessing. I really felt God using me to tell others about him and it was an amazing feeling. He has been so faithful to me over the past two years through some potentially really difficult situations. I am so grateful for my life and all that encompasses. One would think that it would have been really difficult to be so open about my mistakes, but for me it was just something I had to explain to be able to tell people what God had done for me. It wasn't easy or hard, it was just what I had to do to get to the good stuff. (Kind of like eating all the toppings off a Lou Manotti's pizza, just to get to the crust). I am so thankful to Zach and Ginger Creek for giving me the opportunity to talk about the amazing God I serve and how much he loves me.
I had so many people come up to me after the service and tell me their stories, and my heart poured out to these people who had loved ones with similar struggles that were still far from God. All I could say is stay on your knees and don't give up. I am here today because the people who love me never gave up on me. I believe that my mom prayed for me every day for fifteen years and God heard everyone of them.
Thank you to all who have loved me, supported me, and prayed for me. You inspire me and I will work every day for the rest of my life to be the servant that God desires me to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie- that was an amazing testimony a few weeks ago. You did a great job communicating your story and am sure that God has used it and will continue to use it in people's lives.